Gurukul is an ancient pedagogic system where the teaching learning process is imparted directly from the teacher to the student in a dedicated environment and focused manner for a certain period of time. Dr Rajan Sankaran , an internationally renowned homeopathic practitioner and teacher for more than four decades would like to re-invent the Gurukul system in facilitating young homeopathic practitioners enhance their practice.
The Gurukul-Advanced Homeopathic Practitioner Programme is a one- year programme (online and offline) aimed at empowering young practicing homeopaths to improve the quality of their practice. The programme believes that the utilization of traditional homoeopathic tools such as materia medica and the repertory (left-brain concepts) in combination with more modern homeopathic approaches such as sensation and kingdom understandings (right-brain concepts) generate the most success in clinical practice. While remaining grounded in basic homeopathic philosophies and methodologies, this programme invites the practitioners to explore a variety of contemporary homeopathic approaches.
Dr Rajan Sankaran will be personally supervising this course and will have periodic Q and A sessions and decisions with the students. Through his trusted co -mentors he will be keeping close track of each students progress and challenges and will guide the students on how these can be addressed. The student will get to witness Dr Sankarans live case taking . Students are also invited to bring in difficult cases from their practice following which they will receive guidance from Dr Sankaran on how best these cases can be managed.
During the in-person sessions with Dr Sankaran, the students will not only gain homeopathic knowledge but will gain insight into what motivates and inspires Dr Sankaran in his work. They will be able to see his very attitude and the perception from which all his innovations and discoveries have emerged. In this sense the student will be imbibing his spirit along with the knowledge he has to offer. This is the true essence of any Gurukul.
- Access to The Sankaran Masterclass: This is a specially curated video series which has more than 185 hours of lectures and cases of Dr Sankaran. It has been very carefully designed and is divided into 5 modules covering all areas of practice from basic to advanced. This also includes the latest Superclass and WISE ideas and how to use them in the clinic.( Please check https://hope.synergyhomeopathic.com/the-sankaran-masterclass/ for syllabus details)
- Participants of this programme will be given the opportunity to hone their skills in the Other Song Academy Mumbai, for nine to eleven days every six months. The Other song is one of the most advanced training centers for homeopathy world wide. The teaching here, mainly takes place through live cases. The students will be able to watch how Dr Sankaran receives cases, they can learn the skill of case taking and analysis directly from him. Besides this, the students will also get the opportunity to learn from experienced and internationally recognized teachers of homeopathy.
- Residential in person sessions with Dr Sankaran at the Hidden Oasis in Pune, for three to five days every 6 months where the students will get the opportunity to participate in the WISE retreat. (WISE -Witnessing Inner Song Experience). Dr Sankaran will be leading these retreats. The students will also be exposed to other healing modalities like diet, music , meditation and connection with nature which they can integrate into their homeopathic practice.( Please check https://sampoornamhealing.com/ and https://www.thehiddenoasis.com/ for more information )
- The entire group will meet online twice a month with Dr Sankaran to have Q and A sessions/ discussions /Clinical meetings.
- There will be one online live case taken by Dr Sankaran every month especially for the Gurukul students and their learning. This case will be a referral of one of the students’ difficult cases.
- Online mentoring sessions of each individual student with Dr Sarah Coutinho and Dr Kyle Wulfsohn every month so that the course can be customized to suit each students need.
- Dr Rajan Sankaran – Chief mentor
- Dr Sarah Coutinho
- Dr Kyle Wulfsohn
- Dr Dinesh Chauhan, Dr Shekhar Algundi, Dr Paresh Vasani, Dr Meghna Shah (and many other teachers who have learned and worked with Dr Sankaran)
- Live case based training
- Lectures with video cases – on specific topics of Sensation method
- Sankaran master class
- Mentorship sessions
- Integrating holistic approaches with homeopathic practice
The course fees would be Rs. 1 lakh per student for the entire course.
A simple calculation will show that the various components of this course like the retreat, master class access, mentoring , homeopathic software , books by Dr Sankaran etc would be several times higher than what the course is being offered for. This is only possible because this course is supported by patrons of homeopathy due to which the fee is heavily subsidised.
The course fee could be further subsidized to Rs 10,000 per student for those students showing great potential but unable to meet the fee structure. ( Maximum of 2 students)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- Indian Nationals only
- The candidates should have completed their graduation in homeopathy
- They should have had a minimum of two years work experience in practicing homeopathy ( not including their internship)
- The course requires the participants to devote a minimum of 6 -7 hours a week exclusively for the course.
- Periodic tests and assignments will be administered to evaluate student progress
- Course attendance minimum 80%.
- Students will be given a certificate of completion at the end of the year provided they have fulfilled the course curriculum, passed the tests and have the required minimum attendance.
- Students will be asked to leave the course if they are found not complying with regard to the requirements of attendance , assignments and tests.
- The students will be provided with free SHS -Synergy homeopathic software.
- All books authored by Dr Rajan Sankaran will be provided to the students free of cost.
- The students food and accommodation at the Hidden Oasis Pune will be taken care of.
- The students will not be charged to watch the live cases at the Other song during the days scheduled for them.
- Certificate of participation
- Travel to and Accommodation in Mumbai
- The travel expenses to and from the Hidden Oasis , Pune would have to be borne by the participants.
|7th September 2023 onwards||Masterclass videos||Online||Students have to spend minimum 4 -6 hours a week learning from the masterclass videos.|
|Every month Duration : 1 hour||Online Mentoring with Dr Sarah Coutinho and Dr Kyle Wulfsohn with each individual student||Online||Individual difficulties will be accessed and student guided accordingly. Assessment of students progress and corresponding guidance.|
|Every Month Duration : 1 hour||Group session with Dr Rajan Sankaran||Online||Q and A/ Clinical meeting / Discussions|
|Tentative Dates: 19th February 2024 – 26th February 2024(afternoon)||Live cases in TOS with Dr Sankaran and Teaching sessions with other faculty.||Offline||Live cases Teaching sessions|
|27th March 2024- 3rd March 2024||Retreat at Hidden Oasis , Pune||Offline||WISE retreat|
|1st July-11th July 2024||Live cases in TOS with Dr Sankaran and Teaching sessions with other faculty.||Offline||Live cases Teaching sessions|
|15th August -18th August 2024 (afternoon)||Retreat at Hidden Oasis , Pune||Offline||WISE retreat|
The students will be selected on the basis of a 3 step selection procedure.
Application Form / Preliminary Information
Write a short essay (300-500 words )on why you wish to be a part of this course, what is your motivation and intention. Why should you be selected?
Case and Analysis
- Attach a detailed case which you have taken , demonstrating your case taking , also mention your thought process through the case.
- Explain the case analysis in detail including repertory sheet, Materia medica references, system followed.
- Detailed follow up clearly describing what has changed. Minimum 6 months follow up.
The above has to be sent by email to email@example.com latest by 31st July 2023.
Applications sent after the due date will not be considered.
Following the submission of applications within the due date , there will be a 2 step interview for the short listed candidates.
The interview details will be sent to your email id.
The final selection will be based on the interviews.